Friday, April 11, 2014

Warning Google Glass iphone data costs may make you consider an Android Phone

I was so excited to get my Google Glass and get started.  I watched so many of the exciting videos on the internet.  After opening the sleek box, I was ready.  Unfortunately,  I had an iphone 5.  Although it can work with the iPhone,  it requires a hotspot to stay connected when wifi is not available.  After discovering the recurring monthly fee and potential for going over the data included in the monthly fee, I determined this extra cost was not in my budget.  My only option was to change phones to an Android device.   There is an app for the android phones that does not require a hotspot!  So, I had to give up my iphone 5 and now have the Samsung 5S that was released today.  After setting up my new phone, I was able to get the My Glass app and pair up the Google Glass with my phone.  Let the Google Glass adventures begin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment